Health supplementation is not intended to substitute for the medical expertise and advice of your primary health care provider or medical doctor.
There are health-related conditions that require a face-to-face consultation with a qualified and experienced health professional.
Sarcopenic Support Plan
Sarcopenia is the age-related degenerative loss of muscle protein mass, strength, and endurance. It leads to increased morbidity as you age, especially after the age of 40. In the developed world, roughly 40% of the population is sarcopenic. Physically inactive people can lose as much as 3% to 5% of their muscle mass per decade after age 30.
Sarcopenia is a significant component in the development of frailty. It is a syndrome characterized by the progressive and generalized loss of mass and strength, resulting in physical disability, falls and fractures, loss of independence, immobility, and death.
Sarcopenia is often caused by:
- Biological aging leads to reduced activity of anabolic (repair and build) hormones such as DHEA, testosterone, estradiol (in women), and thyroid hormones (sluggish thyroid).
- Poor liver detoxification keeps the body in a catabolic (wear and tear) state.
- Elevated levels of cortisol, leading to weight gain.
- Lack of exercise.
- Poor absorption of proteins.
The Leaf to Life ® Sarcopenic Support Plan, coupled with the holistic vitality diet and lifestyle medicine (read the book “Inner Revolution, Outer Vitality”):
- Provides anabolic enhancing herbs to support muscle strength and recovery.
- Provide herbs and nutrients to improve minerals (such as calcium and magnesium) absorption and retention of bone-building material.
- To modulate cortisol (stress hormones) level.
- FREE online support
- Free digital guide on holistic vitality diet.
- Free digital guide on phytotherapy.
- All programs are designed to support your body’s innate self-regulating healing power and not just treating its symptoms.
- For optimal results, do the Leaf to Life ® holistic detox program at least once a year.
- Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your health professional for advice.
- There are health conditions that are complex and may need a professional consultation with the medical herbalist. Call or email us for an appointment.
- The dose recommended for each product is for health maintenance only. Contact us for further advice.